A few months ago my friend made this delicious banoffee pie for me. I thought I’d share the recipe with you:
- For the base:
- 100g butter, melted
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- For the caramel:
- 100g butter
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- For the top:
- 4 small bananas
- 300ml carton whipping cream, lightly whipped
- Grated chocolate
1. Put the biscuit crumbs in your bowl, then tip in the melted butter and mix it all together. Spoon this into the base and press against the bottom and sides – this is the base of the banoffee pie recipe. Chill it for ten minutes.
2. Melt the butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved. Add the condensed milk and bring to a rapid boil for about a minute, stirring all the time for a thick golden caramel. Spread the caramel over the base, cool and then chill for about 1 hour, until firm or until ready to serve.
3. Carefully lift the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas; fold half of them into the softly whipped cream and spoon over the base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and finish with the grated chocolate. To get the most out of our banoffee pie recipe, make sure that you really boil the filling for at least 1 minute to be sure it sets to a fantastically tasty squidgy caramel.